1. How to order Pay-per-view on my Bell Satellite TV
There are 3 ways to order Pay-per-Vu! Use your remote Order by phone Order online Use your remote to order...
2. What is the On Demand service?
On Demand lets you rent movies and TV content through your Bell Satellite TV receiver for 24 to 48 hours. The service is available in real-time and on-demand
3. How to temporarily suspend my Bell Satellite TV programming
You can suspend your Bell Satellite TV programming for a minimum of six weeks to a maximum of seven months. You can get a Bell customer service representative...
4. How to watch On Demand programming
To see the full On Demand programming guide, tune in to channel 1000 for English programming or channel 1800 for French programming with your HD PVR.
5. How to find what’s playing on the Pay-per-view channels
Find Pay-per-view movies and events.
6. Why can't I see On Demand channels 1000 and 1800 in the electronic programming guide?
You need a model 9241 or 9242 HD PVR to browse and rent On Demand programming. Plus, you must have either the All HD or the All Chan view selected in...
7. How to connect my HD PVR receiver to get On Demand service
You can connect your model 9241 or 9242 HD PVR to the Internet or to a phone line. To the Internet You have two options for connecting to the...
8. I have a problem ordering Pay-per-view Programs
Get hints on how to solve problems when ordering Pay-per-view programming.
9. How to order Pay-per-View by phone
Call 1 866 686-7337 and follow the instructions. Pay-per-Vu! fees are added to your monthly Bell Satellite TV bill.
10. What can I do about error 994: "Your TV is unable to view 1080p resolution"?
Your TV set most likely displays 60 frames per second. Bell Satellite TV's On Demand service has been designed to show 1080p resolution at 24 frames per second. As a result, the system will adjust the event to a resolution (720p) your TV set can display