To unlock a Sonim XP5 or XP7:
- Turn off the device.
- With a flat screwdriver or the Sonim-provided tool, remove the battery cover.
- Remove the battery to reveal the SIM card.
- Remove the Bell SIM card and insert a non-Bell SIM card.
- Re-install the battery and the cover. Be careful not to over-tighten the screws.
- Turn on the device. The message “INPUT NP CODE” will appear.
- Enter the eight-digit network unlock code: ********
- The device is now unlocked.
Important note: you can attempt to unlock the device up to five times. After five unsuccessful attempts, the device will become permanently locked to the Bell network. After each unsuccessful attempt, the message “Wrong NP Code” will appear with a counter indicating how long you must wait before trying again (between 30 and 240 seconds).