Mobile operating systems
For optimal performance, ensure your device has the most up-to-date software.
- Touch Settings
- Touch System
- Scroll to and touch About phone
- Touch Software info
- The software version is displayed.
Android 9.0 Pie
- Multiple Bluetooth connections: allows you to connect up to five Bluetooth devices and switch between them seamlessly
- Adaptive Battery: Using on-device machine learning to understand which apps you will use in the next few hours, battery power will only be spent on the apps you care about.
- Improved media experience
- HD Audio: enables clearer, sharper and richer sound quality
- Media: improved compression of pictures to reduce amount of storage needed
- Better notification management:
- Smart replies: allow you to respond in a tap. Plus, you can now view images or save response drafts from your notifications.
- Notification Blocker: After swiping away a notification repeatedly, get a quick prompt to decide whether you want to continue getting this type of notifications
- Android security patches
- Swipe up or down to view Apps.
- Touch Settings.
- Scroll to and touch Software Update. (A bold “N” next to “Software Update” indicates that a new version is available.)
- Touch Download and Install.
- The phone will check for updates. Touch Download to begin the update.