Problems may be related to the device settings, the device itself (i.e., broken hardware) or other factors. For general troubleshooting, please review the following:
- Troubleshooting text, picture and media messaging
- Troubleshooting data connectivity
- I’m having trouble making or receiving calls on my smartphone
For device-specific information from the manufacturer, visit our Phones, tablets and Mobile Internet section, select your device and look for the manufacturer support link.
The following steps can also fix a variety of issues:
Please complete the following before contacting us or visiting a Bell store for repair.
- Make sure your phone has the latest software. If not, update to the latest version.
- Remove then reinsert the battery for a simple reset. If your device does not have a battery, or if it has a non-removable battery, restart your device by turning it off and then on again.
- If you’re having trouble with an app, close it then restart it. If the issue persists, delete the app and reinstall it.
- If you’re having trouble with the Internet connection, check the data settings. For example, make sure airplane mode is off, data services are enabled and/or you are connected to an active Wi-Fi network.
If the device is having issues with an accessory (e.g. charging cable, headset, etc.), try another accessory to determine if the problem is the device or the accessory.
Still having issues?
Visit a participating Bell store to have your phone inspected and, if needed, sent to an authorized repair centre.
For your convenience, you can also book an appointment for repair.
Prepare for your visit
To ensure a smooth repair process, here are key steps we recommend to take first:
- ✓ Update your phone to the latest software
- ✓ Back up your phone to avoid accidental data loss (for instructions, visit our device support section, select your phone and follow the link for manufacturer’s support)
- ✓ Have all of your account IDs (Apple, Google, Samsung, etc.) and passwords ready
- ✓ Have an active Bell account and be the account holder (or an authorized user).
What to expect during a repair
If your phone needs repair, we will:
- Determine if your phone is covered by the manufacturer's warranty or the Bell Smart/Phone Care extended warranty
- Advise you of applicable service and repair fees upfront
- Provide you with a loaner phone while yours is being repaired
- Notify you of the repair progress via email or text message
- Ensure you can track your repair online at any time