Problems may be related to the device settings, the device itself (i.e., broken hardware) or other factors. For general troubleshooting, please review the following:
- Troubleshooting text, picture and media messaging
- Troubleshooting data connectivity
- I’m having trouble making or receiving calls on my smartphone
For device-specific information from the manufacturer, visit our Phones, tablets and Mobile Internet section, select your device and look for the manufacturer support link.
The following steps can also fix a variety of issues:
Please complete the following before contacting us or visiting a Bell store for repair.
- Make sure your phone has the latest software. If not, update to the latest version.
- Remove then reinsert the battery for a simple reset. If your device does not have a battery, or if it has a non-removable battery, restart your device by turning it off and then on again.
- If you’re having trouble with an app, close it then restart it. If the issue persists, delete the app and reinstall it.
- If you’re having trouble with the Internet connection, check the data settings. For example, make sure airplane mode is off, data services are enabled and/or you are connected to an active Wi-Fi network.
If the device is having issues with an accessory (e.g. charging cable, headset, etc.), try another accessory to determine if the problem is the device or the accessory.