What is Bell SmartPay?
- Get any smartphone for $0 down at any time with an eligible 2-year rate plan.*
- Pay for the smartphone in 24 monthly payments with 0% APR.
- After 24 months, your smartphone is paid off and your total monthly bill decreases.
Taxes are calculated based on the full price of the smartphone and are paid each month with your Bell Mobility device payments. Compatible with a variety of monthly plans; some plans may be excluded.
How do I check my device balance?
On your Mobility bill
- “Current charges” section: details your monthly device charge (excluding tax) as per your Bell SmartPay agreement.
- “For your information” section: Your Device Details highlights your Bell SmartPay device balance and remaining months.
- Device: the device purchased on Bell SmartPay.
- Remaining balance: device purchase amount remaining.
- Term: total number of months in your Bell SmartPay agreement (the example above shows 24 months).
- Term remaining: number of months remaining in your Bell SmartPay agreement (the example above shows 23 months remaining out of 24 months).
- Log in to MyBell.
- Select My services at the top of the page, then select your Bell Mobility device from the list.
- Select More about my device to view your device information, including the remaining balance and commitment details. Go there directly
TIP: you can view complete details about your SmartPay device payments (including the payment agreement and schedule) by clicking “Learn more” under Remaining Device Balance.
Can I buy any smartphone on Bell SmartPay?
Yes, subject to Bell’s credit approval process, Bell SmartPay is available with all our smartphones. Visit select Bell stores to learn more about Bell SmartPay pricing for each device.
Can I pay for other devices with Bell SmartPay?
Yes, select tablets and smartwatches are also available with Bell SmartPay. Qualified customers can activate multiple devices using Bell SmartPay on eligible 2 year rate plans.
Is Smart/Phone Care available with Bell SmartPay?
Yes. If you purchase your smartphone with Bell SmartPay, you can also add Smart/Phone Care to your plan. We highly suggest considering Smart/Phone Care since it is the best way to have your smartphone protected.
- What do I have to pay at time of purchase?
You have to pay taxes on the full price of the device. Taxes are calculated based on the full price of the smartphone and are paid each month with your Bell Mobility device payments. Compatible with a variety of monthly plans; some plans may be excluded.
What happens once the Bell SmartPay 24-month payment period ends?
After 24 months, your Bell SmartPay installments Agreement will be paid off; therefore, you will no longer have monthly payments for your smartphone. As of month 25, you will only be charged the cost of your monthly rate plan.
What happens if I want to cancel my Bell SmartPay agreement before the 24 months are done?
If you end your Bell SmartPay Agreement early, then your remaining device payments will become due immediately. If you are ending your Service Agreement at the same time, the remaining balance on your Agreement Credit (plus applicable taxes) will become due immediately. The Device Return Option Deferred Amount (if applicable) will also come due.
Can I combine Pay Less Upfront with Bell SmartPay?
The Pay Less Upfront program is only available on 2-year subsidized phone plans and cannot be combined with Bell SmartPay.
Is Bell SmartPay available on all rate plan types?
You will be able to pair your Bell SmartPay smartphone with the majority of our Unlimited Data and Connect Everything plans. Some plans may be excluded.
What happens if I end my rate plan early or I change my rate plan to a non-eligible rate plan?
If you end your Service Agreement early or you change your rate plan to a non-eligible rate plan, you will have to pay an early cancellation fee. The early cancellation fee consists of your remaining device payments and the remaining balance on your Agreement Credit (plus applicable taxes) if you received one at the time of purchase. The Device Return Option Deferred Amount (if applicable) will also come due.
Can I upgrade to a new smartphone using Bell SmartPay?
Yes. After one month of your Bell SmartPay agreement, if you are eligible for a device upgrade, you can activate any new smartphone with Bell SmartPay.
Can I activate a smartphone with Bell SmartPay even though another user on my account already has a phone on a subsidized plan?
Yes. Any additional users to the account can activate a smartphone with Bell SmartPay on eligible 2 year rate plans.
Can I share the data on my plan with my existing tablet or other connected things?
Yes. You can share data across existing devices by activating on a Connect Everything plan.
Am I able to pay my device in full with a one-time payment?
Yes, at any time you may change your plan to one of our available Bring Your Own Device plans and pay your device in full with a one-time payment on the following invoice, ending your device financing arrangement.