What is iPhone Visual Voicemail?
Visual Voicemail is a quick and easy way to listen to your messages without having to dial in. Simply scan through all of your messages, get a visual summary of who called and when, and choose which message to listen to, right on your screen.
It includes a subscription to Message Centre, an enhanced voicemail service that takes up to 25 five-minute voice messages. Learn more
Note: A data plan is required for iPhone Visual Voicemail to work. It is not available through Wi-Fi.
New Voicemail Notification
Retrieving the Message
Record Personal Greeting
Accessing Visual Voicemail messages
- Tap Voicemail in the Phone application.
- Tap a message and then tap ► to listen.
You can drag the playhead to skip to any point in a message.
- You can easily respond with just one touch via text message, multimedia message or call back.
Selecting default/personal greeting
- Tap Voicemail, and then tap Greeting.
- Tap Default to use the generic greeting.
- Tap Custom, then tap Record, and then record your greeting.
Swipe or tap the message, and then tap Delete.
iPhone Visual Voicemail is synchronized with your voicemail box – if you delete a message through Visual Voicemail, it will also be deleted from your mailbox and vise versa.
Note: You cannot save messages on iPhone or to a media card.
- iPhone Visual Voicemail requires cellular data to work. You can still access downloaded voicemail messages when offline.
- You cannot retrieve new voice messages through Wi-Fi.
Only Voice Signal
Out of Coverage