Using the app as a remote
While at home, the app lets you use your device as a remote control to change channels, access your programming guide, search for programs, and send content to your TV. It also lets you watch, pause, fast forward and rewind live TV. After installing the app, you must pair your mobile device with your Fibe TV receiver to use your device as a remote.
Make sure your mobile device is connected to your Bell Wi-Fi home network:
- Each Fibe TV receiver can be paired with 10 devices for use as a remote.
- You will need to set up the app for each individual Fibe TV receiver you have.
- The volume and power functions for your television are not available on the Fibe TV app.
Send content from your device to your TV and back
The Fibe TV app allows you to start watching a show on your mobile device and finish it on your TV set. Conversely, you can also start watching a show on your TV set and finish it on your mobile device. Learn how
Using the app to manage recordings
The Fibe TV app lets you manage your PVR recordings from anywhere.
This feature is only available for Fibe and Satellite TV customers with a PVR. Satellite TV customers must have a 9241, 9400 or 9500 PVR that is plugged in and connected to the Internet.
When away from home, you must log in using your MyBell username and password.
View step-by-step tutorials on using the following features:
- Set a new recording from your tablet or smartphone
- Set a new recording from your computer
- How to browse your recordings from your tablet or smartphone
- How to browse recordings from your computer
- How to alter a scheduled recording from your tablet or smartphone
- How to alter a scheduled recording from your computer
Using the app to watch recordings
You can now watch your recordings with the Fibe TV app on all your devices. Recordings will remain available for 60 days.
Things to note:
- If a channel is only available on a receiver, so are the recordings from that channel.
- If you extend your recording past the scheduled end time for a program, you can only view the extended portion of the recording on your receiver.
- You can only watch manual recordings with a receiver.
- If you swap your PVR, recordings from your old PVR will no longer be available on the app.
- For Satellite TV customers: recordings are receiver specific. Ensure you have selected the correct receiver in order to access the recording you want to watch.
Using the app to download recordings
You can download PVR recordings with the Fibe TV app on your smartphone and tablet when you have access to Wi-Fi or a mobile network (must first be enabled). You can then watch the recordings offline wherever you are, even when you’re out of the country.
Download and Go is only available for Fibe and Satellite TV customers who have a PVR.
This feature can be used with iOS (iOS 12+) or Android (OS 5+) smartphones and tablets.
Things to note:
- A recording can only be downloaded on one device at a time.
- Once you download a recording, you can only watch it on the device where it was downloaded or with your Bell TV receiver.
- If you delete a downloaded copy from a device, it will still be available to watch or download again.
- If you delete a recording from the PVR however, the downloaded copy will no longer be available.
- After 60 days, you can no longer download a recording.
- If you don’t have enough space to download a recording, you can:
- Delete older recordings or other files on your device.
- Download to an external SD card (Android only).
- Reduce the quality settings of the recording. This will also reduce data use and time to download.
Your device doesn’t have to be paired to a PVR to download a recording.
Using the app to enjoy On Demand content (rent or own)
Fibe TV and Fibe TV app customers can rent On Demand content and purchase Own with Bell titles through the Fibe TV app on:
- The Web (tv.bell.ca)
- Android devices (mobile, tablet, Android TV, Bell Streamer)
Not all content is available to rent or own through the Fibe TV app.
4K content is only available on the Bell Streamer.
Once the titles are rented or purchased through any device listed above, you can watch them on all supported devices.
Rentals expire in 48 hours.
You can watch Own with Bell content as often as you like, for as long as you are a Fibe TV or Fibe TV app customer.