Using the app to manage recordings
The Fibe TV app gives you remote PVR features, letting you manage your PVR recordings from anywhere.
This feature is only available for Fibe and Satellite TV customers with a PVR.
When away from home, you must log in using your MyBell username and password.
View step-by-step tutorials on using the following features:
- Set a new recording from your tablet or smartphone
- Set a new recording from your computer
- How to browse your recordings from your tablet or smartphone
- How to browse recordings from your computer
- How to alter a scheduled recording from your tablet or smartphone
- How to alter a scheduled recording from your computer
Using the app to watch recordings
You can now watch your recordings with the Fibe TV app on your phone, tablet and Apple TV. Recordings will remain available for 60 days.
Things to note:
- If a channel is only available on a receiver, so are the recordings from that channel.
- If you extend your recording past the scheduled end time for a program, you can only view the extended portion of the recording on your receiver.
- You can only watch manual recordings with a receiver
- If you swap your PVR, recordings from your old PVR will no longer be available on the app.
Using the app to download recordings
You can download PVR recordings with the Fibe TV app on your smartphone and tablet when you have access to Wi-Fi or a mobile network (must first be enabled). You can then watch the recordings offline wherever you are, even if you’re out of the country.
Download and Go is only available for Fibe and Satellite TV customers who have a PVR.
This feature can be used with iOS (iOS 10 or higher) or Android (OS 4.2 and higher) smartphones and tablets.
Things to note:
- A recording can only be downloaded on one device at a time.
- Once you download a recording, you can only watch it on the device where it was downloaded or with your Bell TV receiver.
- If you delete a downloaded copy from a device, it will still be available to watch or download again.
- If you delete a recording from the PVR however, the downloaded copy will no longer be available.
- After 60 days, you can no longer download a recording.
If you don’t have enough space to download a recording, you can:
- Delete older recordings or other files on your device.
- Download to an external SD card (Android only).
- Reduce the quality settings of the recording. This will also reduce data use and time to download. Learn how
- You do not have to be paired to a PVR to download a recording.