If your account is in good standing, and if for some reason you wish to put your mobile device on another network, you can unlock your device from the Bell network at no charge. The information below explains eligibility requirements and how to complete the unlock process online.
Note: devices purchased after November 30, 2017, are already unlocked.
Each of the following requirements must be met:
- Your device must be currently locked to the Bell mobile network.
- Your device must not be reported as lost or stolen.
- Your device must be HSPA/LTE network compatible. Learn about HSPA and check what network your device uses.
- Your Bell account must be in good standing.
What you’ll need
To unlock your device, you’ll need to have the following on hand:
- The Bell device you wish to unlock
- The device’s IMEI number (for how to find it, see instructions below)
- An unlock code from Bell (for how to get it, see instructions below)
- A non-Bell SIM card that fits the device
How to find your IMEI number
The IMEI is a unique number assigned to your device. To locate it:
- Phones: dial *#06# to get the number on your screen.
- Apple iPads: go to Settings > General > About.
- Android tablets: go to Applications > Settings > About tablet > Status.
How to obtain an unlock code from Bell
Once you have your IMEI number, you can obtain an unlock code by following a few simple steps in MyBell or by contacting us to speak to a customer service representative. After completing the unlock code request, you will receive a confirmation email from Bell. There is no fee to unlock your Bell device.
To obtain an unlock code in MyBell:
- Go to the MyBell unlock device page.
- Enter your IMEI number.
- Follow the instructions to receive the unlock code.
What to do once you have an unlock code
Select your device manufacturer from the list below for simple instructions to complete the unlocking on your device.
Some devices display a confirmation message once the unlocking is complete, while some do not. If your device has been unlocked successfully, it will work with a SIM card from another provider.