Let us do the troubleshooting. Our Virtual repair tool will detect and fix most issues or help you book a technician visit, if necessary.
Or, you can use the following tips to troubleshoot the problem yourself.
- Ensure that all phones are properly hung up.
- If you are using a cordless phone, make sure the battery is working and charged.
- Confirm that other devices connected to your phone line are plugged in correctly (e.g., answering machine, fax, computer modem, alarm system).
- Ensure the volume on your phone is turned up.
- If your phone requires power, ensure that it is connected to a power outlet.
- If using a cordless phone, try changing the channel / frequency (you may need to consult your phone user guide).
- Ensure that there is no physical damage to the visible phone lines inside your home.
- If your Bell services are powered by fibre technology, try these additional steps :
- Ensure the modem has power.
- Check Internet modem for any messages or lights (red, yellow) indicating there is a problem with your Internet connection.
- If that's the case, troubleshoot Internet.