Troubleshoot your Wi-Fi and Internet connection
Troubleshoot my Wi-Fi and Internet Connection Pt.1
Having trouble with your Internet? Learn ways to fix it.
Follow a few easy steps to check your Internet connection.
Reboot with MyBell
- Select Reboot my modem, below. This will open a new browser window. Log in to MyBell if you haven’t already.
- When you’re done rebooting, close that window and return to this page. Reboot my modem
- Unplug your modem, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- For the Home Hub 3000, press and hold the reset button on the side for five seconds.
- Wait until the lights on your modem have come back on and stopped flashing before continuing.
- If the lights are still flashing after 10 minutes, please call our 24/7 technical support team at 1 844 310-SURF (7873).
Did this resolve your connection issue?
Thank you for following our Wi-Fi troubleshooting.
Was this troubleshooting helpful?
TEST YOUR CONNECTION
Run a speed test
If you’re experiencing slow speeds, a speed test will show you whether the problem is the Internet connection to your modem, or the Wi-Fi network in your home. To better understand Internet speeds, Watch this video:
What to do after running the speed test:
- Follow the instructions on the speed test results page for next steps.
GOOD TO KNOW
- If you have concerns with a specific device, run a speed test on that device.
- A computer/laptop or smartphone are the best types of device for troubleshooting your Wi-Fi.
Did you already run a speed test? Review tips for optimizing Wi-Fi speeds to your device.
Enhanced Wi-Fi troubleshooting
Log in to access helpful self-serve features, such as rebooting your modem online.Log in now Continue without enhanced support