You’re free to watch YouTube videos as a guest.
If you have a Google account, you can sign it to have access to your YouTube playlists, channel subscriptions, etc.
To sign into your Google profile
Step 1: Find the activation code and sign in
- Navigate to the Sign in screen in the YouTube app.
- You’ll be prompted to visit the site youtube.com/activate with a computer or mobile device.
- Sign in to the site when prompted. If you have multiple Google accounts, please select the account you use with YouTube. If you're already signed in, skip to the steps below.
Step 2: Select your channel (if applicable)
After signing in, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. This list includes:
Your account's personal identity. If you have a Google+ profile, it's your name; otherwise, it's your email address.
Any Google+ pages managed by your account. Be sure to select one that’s linked to a YouTube channel.
- All your Google+ pages show up, even if they’re not linked to a YouTube channel. If you select one that doesn't have a YouTube channel, you won't be able to sign in.
Step 3: Complete the activation process
- The YouTube app will display a code on your TV. Enter it into the browser of your computer or mobile device.
- Select Allow in the browser.
- The YouTube app on your TV will log in automatically. Please wait.
To check, navigate to the left menu on the YouTube app and you’ll see your selected Google identity.
To sign out of your YouTube profile
- Select Settings in the left-hand side menu.
- Select SIGN OUT and confirm you want to sign out of current YouTube profile.
You will be signed out of your profile but still able to use YouTube as a guest.
Learn more about how to sign in to your profile