Welcome to Bell Prepaid
Thank you for choosing a Bell Prepaid device. Once you’ve activated it, top up your account to start talking, texting and surfing the web. At the time of activation, you will be given a mobile phone number. This is also your account number. Please remember to store this information in a safe place.
If you have not activated your prepaid phone yet, please visit the activation page.
To keep your account active, simply ensure you have enough funds in your Prepaid account before your monthly billing date. Any unused funds will carry over to the next month.
Missed a top-up? Top up within seven days following your expiry date and your unused minutes will be restored.
How Prepaid works
If you subscribe to a pay-per-use plan:
- You will need to add funds to your account to allow you make pay-per-use calls and allow you to use additional services, like text messaging.
If you subscribe to a monthly plan:
- On your monthly billing date, funds will be withdrawn from your Prepaid account to pay for your monthly plan and add-ons.
- Prior to your monthly billing date, you will receive a free text message reminding you of the amount owing and when payment is due.
- Ensure you add enough funds in advance of your monthly billing date to cover the cost of your services.
- After you've paid for your services, you'll get immediate access to them.
Earn more minutes
- Every time you pay your monthly Prepaid account balance, you can earn additional minutes. Learn more.
Topping up your account
Topping up your Prepaid account is easy. We offer both automatic and manual ways for you to add funds to your Prepaid account. Just pick the option that fits you best and we’ll take care of the rest:
Pre-authorized top up
To top up your account automatically there are three pre-authorized options:
Bonus: Get an additional 15% talk time when you choose Allowance or Automatic Allowance.
Manual Top Up:
Prepaid top up cards and top up PIN numbers can be purchased at thousands of locations across Canada.
$15 minimum top-up. Allow 48 hours.
Managing your Prepaid account
Monitor your Prepaid balance
If you don't have enough funds in your Prepaid balance on your monthly billing date to pay for your monthly services, you’ll be sent a free text message reminding you to top up. You will then be moved to a pay-per-use rate for calls and texts. Once you add enough funds to your account, your regular monthly services will be reactivated. If you have a data service, however, it will be put on hold until you top up and pay for your service. NOTE: It can take up to 24 hours to reactivate your data service, once it has been suspended.
When you do top up, a pro-rated charge will be withdrawn from your account balance to pay for the remainder of the billing period. For example, if you top up 15 days after your billing date, you'll only be billed for the 15 days left.
If you subscribe to a monthly plan or add-on, it’s a good idea to keep your account balance a little higher than your monthly fee, in case you make any long distance calls or use more minutes or more data than is included within your plan. If your balance reaches $0, your service may be temporarily suspended.
Check your account balance, 24/7
You can view your account balance at any time through one of these convenient methods:
Visit bell.ca/selfserve (you can also change your plans and add-ons here)
- Dial #321 from your Bell Mobile phone.
- Dial 1 888 537-9999 from any landline.