What is App Protection?
App Protection is part of McAfee® Mobile Security. It shows you the type of information applications can access so you can keep the ones you trust and remove those you think are sharing too much personal information. For example, applications may access your location, contacts, network, calendar, passwords, microphone, camera, or GPS.
App Protection allows you to:
- Review the privacy information that apps can access.
- Select apps to add to a trusted list.
- Select apps to locked so others using your device cannot use them.
- Receive notifications of apps that you need to review.
- See information on whether websites accessed by the apps are safe. This is determined by using Trusted Source and McAfee Secure.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.