Allowing remote connections
You can configure Personal Firewall to allow specific incoming connections.
- Double-click the McAfee® icon on your desktop.
- Open the Web and Email Protection drawer.
- Click Firewall.
- Open the Ports and System Services drawer.
- Click Add.
- In the System Service Name field enter the name of the application or service you want to allow access to your computer.
- Enter a description of the application or service to help identify the new rule.
- Enter the TCP or UDP ports required by the application.
- In the Open ports to: menu, select All PCs.
- Click Save.
- Verify that the application you have given access to functions correctly.
- Your router might also limit the number of incoming connections it allows. If so, you may have to reconfigure or reset it.
- If your router has a built-in firewall, you must configure it to open the same port(s) as McAfee Personal Firewall. Consult your router user guide for more information.
- Opening ports on both your router and computer can allow undesired connections. You should take extra care to ensure that your system is secure.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.