The speed your pods are capable of providing will vary depending on which Whole Home Wi-Fi pods you have:
- Wi-Fi pod – Provides average speeds of 300 Mbps in the optimal setup
- Wi-Fi Pod mini – Provides average speeds of 150 Mbps in the optimal setup
You can check if your pods are using the optimal setup by checking their connection quality rating in the Bell Wi-Fi app. To do so:
- Open the Bell Wi-Fi app and log in with your MyBell username and password. Get help logging in to the Bell Wi-Fi app.
- In the Adapt section of the home screen, select the pod you want to troubleshoot. The connection quality rating will appear under the pod name, along with what channel it's on and which pod or modem it's connected to.
If your pod has Fair or Poor ratings, it means it is having trouble communicating with your network. This could be caused by the channel the pod is on, the distance from the modem, or interference around the pod. To improve the quality rating, try:
- Moving the pod closer to the network or away from interference. The recommended distance between your pod and the network varies by type of pod:
Rebooting your pod – This will reconnect the pod to the network and let it choose the best channel.
Rebooting your modem – Fixes most Internet and Wi-Fi issues.
- Wi-Fi Pod mini – No more than 7 metres from the modem or another pod
- Wi-Fi Pod – No more than 14 metres from the modem or another pod
Try moving your pod closer to the modem, away from anything that might be causing interference, or connecting the pod to the network via Ethernet.
You can also review our installation tips to improve your pod setup, or visit the Troubleshoot your Wi-Fi and Internet connection page for more information about Wi-Fi speeds.