If you install Windows Vista
If you performed a clean install of Windows Vista, you’ll need to configure TCP/IP on your computer before you configure the modem.
To configure TCP/IP:
- Click Start and then Control Panel (or click Start, Settings, and then Control Panel).
- Click Classic View at the top-left corner if you’re not in Classic View.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage network connections in the menu on the left.
- Right-click the Local Area Connection and then choose Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click the Properties button.
- Select Use the following IP address and then enter the following:
IP address: 192.168.2.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.2.1
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses and then enter the following:
Preferred DNS server: 192.168.2.1
- Click OK.