How to verify that the default Wi-Fi security is on
- Open a web browser.
- Enter the following in the address bar:
- When connected to the Internet, enter “ bell.ca/mymodem ”.
- If you’re not connected, enter “ 192.168.2.1 ”.
- Click on Manage my Wi-Fi.
- If prompted, enter the administrator password. Unless you have changed it, the default password is the serial number located on the sticker on the back of the modem.
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Verify that the security type is set to WPA2-PSK (AES). If it is not, please select it.
- Once all the changes have been made, click Save.