The Home Hub 3000 allows you to create a custom power profile so you can choose which services to run on the battery during a power outage.
To create a custom profile:
- On your computer, open an Internet browser and go to http://home (or http://192.168.2.1).
- Under Tools and settings, select Battery backup.
- Enter your modem password, if prompted.
- Tip: By default, your modem password is admin unless you have changed it.
- Select Custom.
- Under Powered components, select the items you want powered by battery during an outage.
- Voice service
- Powers your Home phone service (cannot be unselected)
- LAN Ethernet
- Maintains Internet access for devices that are connected to the modem by a cable
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz
- Maintains Internet access for wireless devices using the 2.4 GHz band
- Wi-Fi 5 GHz
- Maintains Internet access for wireless devices using the 5 GHz band
- USB ports
- Powers the USB ports so you can connect and power USB devices, such as USB stick, or charge your mobile device