Using Visual Call Waiting
When you’re on the phone, you’ll hear a short beep for incoming local calls and one long and two short beeps for long distance calls. After one or two signals, Visual Call Waiting will display the name and number of the caller.
- To answer the waiting call, briefly press the Link or Flash button.
- To return to the original call or to alternate between callers, briefly press the Link or Flash button.
- To end the first call before answering the second, hang up. The phone will ring with the second call.
- To ignore the second call, don’t do anything. The second caller will be transferred to Call Answer (if you subscribe to it).
Note: Not all telephone sets are equipped with name/number display. Consult your user manual or look online to learn more about your telephone's capabilities.
Also, the name/number may not display if:
- The party calling you has chosen to block their name/number.
- The call is coming from businesses using a Centrex line.
- The call is from overseas.
The call is coming from another service provider that is not sharing the call information with Bell.