4K resolution, also known as Ultra HD, is the next generation in TV picture quality. It delivers a sharper and more realistic image that has four times the detail of full HD (1080p), and offers a more immersive experience overall.
What equipment do I need to watch Fibe TV in 4K?
To enjoy 4K content on Fibe TV, you will need:
Make sure to use an HDMI input on your TV that supports 4K. It will be identified with HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2. For more information please consult your TV’s manual.
NOTE: To get the maximum benefit of Bell’s 4K service, please ensure that your TV has the latest firmware. For more info on how to get the firmware, please contact your TV manufacturer.
What is the 4K Whole Home PVR?
With the 4K Whole Home PVR, you can watch and record shows in 4K, HD and SD, as well as pause and rewind live programming.
The 4K Whole Home PVR features the following:
- Record up to 150 hours of 4K programming or up to 320 hours in HD
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) ready
- Compatible with standard definition (SD), high definition (HD) and Ultra HD (4K)
- Dolby® Digital 5.1
- Dimensions: 5.5 cm (H) X 24.5 cm (W) X 18 cm (D) and Weight: 0.9 kg
What is the Bluetooth Slim remote and how does it work?
The new Bluetooth Slim remote allows you to control your TV service without having a direct line of sight to the 4K Whole Home PVR. This means you can place the 4K Whole Home PVR inside a closed cabinet, out of sight.
NOTE: The Bluetooth Slim remote is not compatible with other Bell Fibe TV receivers in your home.
What content is available in 4K?
Bell has a growing selection of 4K content.
- Sporting events: Tune in to channel 1399 for exciting sports events in 4K. This channel showcases Toronto Raptors home games, regional Toronto Maple Leafs games and Ottawa Senators home games.
- On demand movies and TV series: Press the on demand button on your remote to access the following 4K content on demand:
- Movies: Available on demand movies in 4K can be found in the 4K section under the Movies category. When you rent a movie in 4K, the HD version is included, allowing you to enjoy your selection on any receiver in your home.
- TV: Some channels already offer content in 4K with more to come. This 4K content can be found in the channel’s 4K category in the On Demand menu. You must be subscribed to the channel to view its on demand content.
- Netflix: You can access Netflix 4K content right from your Fibe TV service.
Visit www.bell.ca/4K for more details on the available 4K content.
Can I keep my recordings and schedules when I upgrade to the 4K Whole Home PVR?
The 4K Whole Home PVR will remember the scheduled recordings from your previous HD PVR. You will not, however, be able to transfer the content that has already recorded.
I have two 4K TVs in my house. Can I watch 4K content on both of them?
It is only possible to have one 4K Whole Home PVR per household at this time; 4K content can only be viewed on the TV it’s connected to.
Can I rent an on demand movie in 4K, and do I have to pay extra if I also want to watch it in HD?
Bell has a growing library of 4K movies available on demand. Movies in 4K are priced a bit higher than those in HD, but you will get access to the HD version as well. This will allow you to pause the movie on your 4K TV and resume in another room on an HD TV.
Can I watch Netflix in 4K on the 4K Whole Home PVR?
Yes, you can watch Netflix 4K content with the Netflix app.
What you need:
- A 4K TV
- A 4K receiver set to 4K resolution
- A Netflix subscription that supports 4K content.
You can access Netflix right from your Fibe TV service. There are two ways to access the Netflix app:
- Press apps (or INTERACTIVE TV) on your remote to bring up the app launcher. Scroll to the right until you’re on the Netflix icon and press select (or OK) to launch the app.
- Go to channel 311 or 1311 and press select (or OK) to launch the Netflix app.
How do I set up my remote to control the TV power and volume?
You can set up your remote to control your TV’s volume and power through an application on your TV screen:
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remote control.
- Select Remote setup and follow the directions.
How to dim the LED lights on the front panel of my 4K Whole Home PVR
If you find that the LED lights on the front panel of your 4K Whole Home PVR are too bright, you can adjust their brightness.
Press the MENU and INFO buttons at the same time on your Bluetooth Slim remote to cycle between the high and dim LED light settings on your 4K Whole Home PVR.
How do I get help with my 4K service?
If you are experiencing issues with your 4K service, please visit the 4K PVR support page for more information.