Connect your modem – USB connection
- Plug one end of the phone cable into the port on the back of the modem labelled DSL.
- Plug the other end directly into an unfiltered phone jack.
- Connect the small end of the USB cable into the USB port on the back of the modem.
- Connect the wide, flat end of the USB cable into a USB port on your computer.
- Connect one end of the power adapter to the modem.
- Connect the other end of the power adapter into a surge protected power bar (not included).
- Turn on your computer and your modem.