If you have a single-line home or business telephone service, the installation and maintenance of wiring and jacks inside your premises is your responsibility. You can get a Bell technician to do the work, hire an external contractor or do it yourself.
Bell is responsible for:
- Outside telephone wiring leading up to your house, apartment or place of business.
- Inside wiring repairs if you have a party line or lose service on a hardwired phone.
- Replacement or repairs of phones rented from Bell for damages or problems caused by regular usage.
You can ensure all inside wire repairs are covered with a Bell WireCare plan
Options for inside wire installation and repair
Get Bell to do a wire installation
If you would like a Bell technician to install your phone wiring or jacks, contact us during regular business hours.
Get Bell to do wire repairs
If you're having phone service problems, you can call the Bell Repair Service. Dial 6-1-1 from a Bell landline or 1 866 310-BELL (2355) from any phone to report the problem. A service quote will be provided when you call.
Before getting inside wiring work done (by Bell or other technicians), ensure that you:
- Request a warranty. Bell provides a 30-day warranty for all labour and materials.
- Insist on CSA-approved products. Bell offers a wide selection of quality products at Bell or Espace Bell stores.
- Confirm that technicians are qualified. Bell 's technicians and Bell Approved Contractors are trained and knowledgeable.
Verify your Network Interface Device:
The Network Interface Device (NID) is the separation point between the outside and inside wiring for your telephone service. It allows you to determine if a problem with your service is due to the outside or inside wiring. It also provides protection from power surges.
With an NID on-site, you can diagnose problems with your telephone line yourself. You can then decide to fix the problem yourself, have Bell do the repair, or hire an alternate repair provider.
If an NID hasn't been installed and you wish to have Bell do the repair, the technician will install an NID at the time of diagnosis at no charge. Once the NID has been installed and the diagnosis has shown that the problem is with your inside wiring, a charge for the repair will apply.
Bell installation and repair costs
The following charges apply if you get a Bell technician to install or repair your inside wiring and jacks.
|Type of work||Cost|
|Installing a new jack or moving an existing jack.||
First installation or move: $99
Repair or wiring of a jack
Repair Bell equipment damaged by homeowner
$99 for the first hour of work*
(*) In some cases there may be additional charges for contractors, municipal consent, or whatever the additional expense involved in restoring service. These will be charged to the customer.
For more information contact us.