If your HTC smartphone becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a soft reset by restarting it. A soft reset will not
erase any of your data, downloaded apps or settings.
Before starting the steps listed below, charge your device for 15 minutes by plugging the power cable and adapter into a wall outlet. We recommend using the power cable and adapter that came with the phone.
Restarting your device.
- Press and hold the Power button, and touch Restart.
- Your HTC smartphone will now reboot to the start up screen.
If your HTC smartphone does not respond or turn on, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until your phone vibrates. You will need to hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons for 15 seconds for the soft reset to occur.
- Release the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Your HTC smartphone will now reboot to the startup screen.
If the soft reset steps do not work, you may need to perform a hard reset
a hard reset will erase all of your stored data, downloaded apps and settings.