Setting up Parental Controls
McAfee® Parental Controls work with your Windows User Account settings. When each person logs into the computer using their Windows User Account, the Parental Controls settings for their account will take effect. You must enter your Windows administrator password to set or change Parental Controls. For more information on setting up an administrator password and user accounts in Windows, see:
Get support for your Windows account
NOTE: If you add a Windows User Account, you must exit your McAfee software, then re-open it to assign Parental Controls settings to the new user. To do so, double-click the McAfee icon in your taskbar and then select Exit from the File menu. Then go to Start, Programs and select McAfee Security from Bell.
After you create your Windows User Accounts:
- Double-click the McAfee icon in your taskbar.
- Click the Parental Controls drawer, then click the Parental Controls link.
- In the Administrator Password section, click the Change button.
- Enter and confirm a password.
- Complete the Enter Password Hint fields and then click Next.
- Click OK.
- In the Protect Your Family section, click Edit.
- Type your password and click Enter.
- Click the Protect button next to the account you wish to change. For each Limited User Account, you can define:
- Age-appropriate website filtering: On the Required Settings page, select your child's age group from the first drop-down list and click Done.
- Safe searching: This is turned on by default for every user. To turn it back on at any time, click the Optional Settings button on the Required Settings page, select Block websites that contain potentially inappropriate images or language from appearing in your user's search results, then click Done.
- Filter list: Click Optional Settings, type the URL of the website in the Website Address box, select Allow or Block, click Add, then click Done.
To remove a website from the Allow or Block list, click Remove next to the website.
- Web browsing schedule: From the Optional Settings panel, click the Web Browsing Schedule button and select I want to choose when this user can access the web.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.