Setting up a personal vault
- Double-click the McAfee® icon in your taskbar.
- Open the Data Protection drawer.
- Select File Lock.
- Click Create.
If you are creating your first vault, you will be prompted to set up three security questions to be used if you ever forget your password. Take care creating your security questions. They will remain the same for all vaults you create in the future.
IMPORTANT: If you forget both your password and the answers to your security questions, Bell Support cannot open your vault for you. Your vault will remain permanently locked and your files will be inaccessible.
- Select the three security questions from the drop-down menus and enter your answers.
- Click Next.
- Type a name for your vault. It cannot be the same as an existing vault.
- Use the slider to select the size of your vault.
Note: You must have enough room available on your hard drive to create the vault (e.g., to create a 1 GB vault you must have 1 GB of space free on your hard drive). You cannot change the vault size after you set it.
- Type a password in the Password field and the Confirm Password field. Click Next.
- If you want to change the default location or drive letter of the vault, click Advanced.
- Choose whether you want to complete setup with your vault locked or unlocked, and click Finish.
Note: It may take a few minutes for File Lock to create a very large vault.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.