Frequently asked questions
Q1. What features are included in my package?A1. The features included vary with the plan you select, as shown in the chart below.
McAfee Security from Bell
Virus and Malware Protection Yes Yes Yes Anti-Bot Protection Yes Yes Anti-Spam Yes Yes Yes Parental Controls Yes Yes Yes Phishing Protection Yes Yes Yes SiteAdvisor® Yes Yes Yes Two-Way Firewall Yes Yes Yes Malicious Ad Protection Yes Yes Yes Network Manager Yes Yes Yes Digital Data Shredder Yes Yes Yes PC Tune-Up Yes Yes Yes Family Protection, including Yes Yes Online Content Filtering Yes Yes Social Network Monitoring Yes Yes Activity Reporting Yes Yes Program Blocking Yes Yes Mobile Device Protection, including Yes Yes Mobile Virus and Malware Protection Yes Yes Mobile Phishing Protection Yes Yes Mobile Parental Controls Yes Yes Mobile Remote Lock and Wipe Yes Yes Home Network Defence Yes SiteAdvisor® Live Yes Encrypted Storage Yes Unlimited devices in your home Yes Yes Yes
* The Better package is included at no cost for customers with the Internet 5+ plan
** Bell Internet Security advanced also included Web Privacy Control and Pop-Up Blocker which are now standard features in most modern web browsers.
Q2. Can I run two antivirus software programs on my computer?A2. No, you will need to uninstall any other antivirus software on your computer before you install McAfee Security from Bell.
Q3. What changes will I see on my bill?
A3. You'll see one of the following new service descriptions on your bill:
McAfee Security from Bell - Good McAfee Security from Bell - Better McAfee Security from Bell - Best
Q4. What if I get a virus while I have McAfee installed?
A4. Please call 310-SURF (7873) and ask about virus removal services for customers who have McAfee Security from Bell.
Q5. What are the minimum system requirements?
A5. Operating Systems
- Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Google Android smartphones and tablets 2.3 or higher
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Firefox 4.0 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari 5 or later
- 1 GB RAM for Vista and Windows 7
- 2 GB RAM for Windows 8 and Mac
- 500 MB free drive space (Windows)
- 300 MB free drive space (Mac)
- 1 GHz processor (Windows)
- Apple computers with Intel® Processor
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024x768 or higher
For further assistance, please call 1 888 630-3087.