1. Plug one end of the phone cable into the DSL port on the back of the modem.
2. Assuming your modem will be sharing the wall jack with a phone, plug a splitter into the wall jack first.
3. Plug the modem's phone cord directly (no filter) into one of the jacks of the splitter. In the other jack, plug a filter and then plug your phone to the filter. Plug your phone into the other jack but this time you need to add a filter between the phone and the jack.
4. Add a filter to any other device (phone, fax machine, satellite receiver) in your home that is connected to a phone jack.
NOTE:Filters eliminate noise on your phone line to help improve speeds and prevent service interruptions.
5. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to any Ethernet port on the back of the modem. Then, connect the other end of that Ethernet cable into your computer's Ethernet port.
6. Connect one end of the power supply to the modem and the other end into a surge-protected power bar (not included).
7. Turn on your computer and the modem and make sure all your modem lights are green.