Can I access Voice and Video over LTE outside of Canada?
No. Voice and Video over LTE is only available in a Voice and Video over LTE coverage area.
What happens if I leave the coverage area during a call?
If you leave the Voice and Video over LTE coverage area during a voice call, it will switch seamlessly to a regular voice call over the HSPA network.
Please note that video calling is only available within the Voice and Video over LTE coverage area. If you leave the coverage area while on a video call, it will automatically transition into a regular voice call over the HSPA network. To switch back to video calling, you must be in a Voice and Video over LTE coverage area and restart the video call by hanging up and calling again.
Can I make video calls over a Wi-Fi connection?
No. Video calling on Android smartphones will only work over a mobile network connection, even if your smartphone is connected to Wi-Fi.
Is Voice and Video over LTE available in my area?
Voice and Video over LTE is available in select areas of:
- Ontario, including the Greater Toronto Area, Ottawa, London, Barrie, Kitchener and Kingston
- Québec, including Montreal, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and Saguenay
- Atlantic Canada, including St. John’s, Halifax, Prince Edward Island, Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton
- Manitoba, including Winnipeg and Brandon
- British Columbia, including Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Richmond, Abbotsford, Kamloops, and Kelowna
- Alberta, including Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer and Lethbridge
- Northwest Territories, including Yellowknife
- Yukon, including Whitehorse
The service will continue to roll out to other regions in the near future.
Customers with Voice and Video over LTE service can use it in the following areas. Please note that video calling is only available within the Voice and Video over LTE coverage area.