Getting started with Bell Fibe TV
Welcome to Bell Fibe TV
We hope you are enjoying your new Bell Fibe TV service. To help you get set up and make the most of your Bell experience, here's some useful information about your service.
Manage all of your Bell services online with MyBell. View bills, change programming, check usage, take a guided tour of your first bill and much more.
Your Bell Fibe TV
Preparing for your installation and set up
- Make sure that your TV(s) and computer(s) are functional and that the connections to both are accessible.
- Ideally, your TV(s) should be located close to your coaxial cable outlets (where the cable comes out of the wall) and your computers should be near power outlets.
- Have two power bars available to facilitate all the connections required.
- If you already have Bell Internet, please have the WEP or WPA key for your wireless home network available so the technician can configure your new system with your existing wireless settings.
Factors to consider before installation:
- Move away any large furniture that might impede installation.
- If you live in a rental property or condo, it's your responsibility to get permission to install Bell Fibe TV. You'll be required to sign the work order, confirming that you have secured the required permissions.
- The account holder should be on-site for the duration of the installation. If you can't be home at that time, please ensure that someone 18 years of age or older, will be on-site to authorize the installation and sign the agreement on your behalf.
- Technicians are not authorized or equipped to enter a customer's attic for cable routing.
- Basic installation will take 4 to 6 hours to complete. It does not include fishing wires through walls.
Note: Your installation may start at any time during the scheduled appointment window. The technician will then need 4 to 6 hours from that point. In more complicated installations, the technician may need more time.
Sit back while
your Bell technician:
Hooks up your Bell Fibe TV service to your TV, home theatre system, and the Internet.
- Installs your Bell Fibe TV receivers in their requested locations.
- Installs the Internet gateway and configures it for Fibe TV.
- Connects one PC and two laptops to the Internet gateway.
- Activates all the receivers you’ve ordered.
Optimizes your receiver settings for a sharper picture quality.
- Adjusts the receiver settings for optimal TV format and input.
Programs the universal remote so that you'll only ever need one.
- Provides you with a full tutorial on how to use your Bell Fibe TV, remote, and receiver.
(Please note that the technician will connect your home theatre system but is not responsible for configuration and set up.)