How to reconnect your PoE cameras
Before you begin:
- Confirm your modem has a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button. The button may be identified by the symbol or it may be simply labelled ‘WPS.’
- If you can’t find a WPS button, please contact your Internet provider or modem manufacturer to see if your modem has WPS.
- If your modem does not have WPS, please contact Bell Smart Home for assistance.
Follow these steps to reconnect your Qolsys IQ 2 Panel.
- Find where the PoE adapter (pictured to the left) is plugged in.
- Confirm that the power indicator on front of the PoE device is solid green.
- Press the WPS button for about three seconds and release it when the WLAN indicator begins to flash red.
- Press the WPS button on your modem/router for four to five seconds.
- Allow a few minutes for the PoE adapter/camera to connect with your modem. The WLAN indicator flashes green when the connection is complete. When no data is being sent over Wi-Fi, the light goes to a solid green to indicate it’s connected to Wi-Fi.
- Check the live camera view from the app or the website to confirm that the camera is connected properly.
If the connection process times out (i.e. after two or three minutes) and reverts to a solid red WLAN indicator, the WPS was not successful. Please try again from step 3.
To connect your devices to the Wi-Fi network using WPS, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your wireless device.
- Press the WPS button on your modem for 5 seconds until the WPS light starts blinking (on the Home Hub 3000, you can check its display).
- Within 2 minutes, press and hold the WPS button on your device for 5 seconds.
NOTE: If you do not complete the process in time, you’ll need to restart from step 2.
- The password for your primary Wi-Fi network will automatically load into the device and connect to the network.