In the upper right-hand corner of your BlackBerry home screen you’ll see a number of coverage bars indicating signal strength. If you don’t see any coverage bars or if there is an out of service (SOS) icon, then you do not have adequate wireless coverage.
To check the network signal strength:
- From the Home screen, click the Options icon
- In the Options screen, click Status
- In the Status screen, check the Signal field. The signal strength must be within the -40 to -100 Dbms range to give you adequate wireless coverage.
You can also check your wireless signal strength using a keyboard shortcut (on BlackBerry smartphones with full QWERTY keyboards).
- While holding down your BlackBerry's ALT key, type the letters N, M, L, L
- Your home screen will show your wireless signal strength, measured in Dbms.
If you don’t have adequate signal strength, move to another part of the building or outside.