To ensure your software is up to date, first check to see what software version your smartphone has, then compare the version number to the table below to see if newer software is available.
To check what software version your Palm smartphone has:
Palm OS models – Treo 600,650, 700p, Centro
- From the Home / Applications screen, select Phone / Téléphone
- Select Menu / Options
- Select Phone Info / Infos sur le telephone
Windows Mobile OS models – Treo Pro, 700wx
- Select Start
- Select Settings
- Select the System tab
- Select About
- Select the Phone tab
WebOS model – Palm Pre
Your Palm Pre automatically downloads software updates wirelessly when they become available. This occurs in the background so you are still able to use your phone. You will be prompted to install an update after it has downloaded.
If you prefer, you can check for updates and download them manually by opening Updates from the Launcher.
If you have an application that has been designed for your specific smartphone or your company, please check with your IT department before upgrading your software.
In order to update your Palm smartphone software, you’ll need to have the appropriate desktop software installed on your computer.
- Treo 650, 700p, Centro: Palm Desktop 6.2 and HotSync Manager
- Treo 600: Palm Desktop 4.1 and HotSync Manager
- Treo 700wx, Pro: Microsoft ActiveSync (Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Centre (Windows Vista)
- Palm Pre: No desktop software is required.
Palm operating software
This table lists the latest operating software version.
|Smartphone model||Latest software version|
|Treo 700p||1.4 Build 29|
|Treo 700wx||1.1 Build 48|
|Treo Pro||English : T850EWW-1.04-BMO|
French : T850EWW-1.04-BMF