Scanning for viruses
- Right-click the McAfee® icon on your desktop and check for updates.
- When the update is complete, right-click the McAfee icon again and select Scan.
- Select the type of scan you want to run and click Start.
- Quick Scan - Scans only the most susceptible parts of your computer.
- Full Scan - Scans your entire computer.
- Let Me Choose - Lets you manually select what you want to scan. Learn more
- When the scan is complete, click View Results to see details for any suspicious files. If View Results is not available, VirusScan did not detect any threats.
- Click OK.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.