You can use Windows® Mail to send, receive and manage your Bell Mail messages.
Important: You must connect to the Internet before proceeding with the instructions below.
- Select the Tools menu and then Accounts.
- Click the Add... button.
- Select E-mail Account and click Next.
- Enter your name This name will appear in the "from" field when you send email messages When you're done, click Next.
- Enter your Bell Mail email address and click Next.
- Enter the following settings:
- Incoming e-mail server type: select POP3 from the drop-down list
- Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server: enter pophm.sympatico.ca
- Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP): enter smtphm.sympatico.ca
- Click Next.
- Next to E-mail username, enter your Bell Mail email address. Next to Password, enter your Bell Mail password. When you're done, click Next.
- Select the checkbox next to Do not download my e-mail at this time. Click Finish.
- Click the Properties button.
- Select the Servers tab.
- Select the checkbox next to My server requires authentication.
- Click the Settings... button.
- Make sure that the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button is selected and click OK.
- Select the Connection tab.
- Select the checkbox next to Always connect to this account using.
- Make sure that Local Area Network is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced tab and enter the following settings:
- For Outgoing mail (SMTP), select the checkbox next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
- For Incoming mail (POP3), enter 995 and select the checkbox next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
- Set the Server Timeouts slider bar to 5 minutes
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
You can now access Bell Mail by clicking on the folders on the left side of the screen.