How to use Call Forwarding on my Bell Home phone
What is Call Forwarding?
Call Forwarding lets you forward your Bell Home phone calls to any number, including your mobile phone or pager.
Turning on Call Forwarding
- Dial *72 (or 1172 on rotary phones).
- Listen for three beeps followed by dial tone.
- Dial the phone number to which your calls are to be forwarded.
- If there's an answer at the number you are forwarding to: Make sure you keep the line open for at least 5 seconds to activate the service.
If there is no answer or if you get a busy signal: Wait for 3 seconds, hang up and then repeat steps 1 to 4, one more time, to activate the service.
Turning off Call Forwarding
- Dial *73 (or 1173 on rotary phones).
- Listen for two beeps.
- Hang up.
Forwarding calls to a number outside my local calling area
The Call Forwarding feature lets you forward calls to numbers outside your own calling area, including overseas numbers (long distance fees apply).
Within North America
- Add a 1 to the 10-digit phone number you are forwarding to.
- Program the number as follows:
011 + country code + city or area code + local number
Note: Collect calls are billed to your number, not to the number you have forwarded your calls to.
- How to use the star calling features on my Bell Home phone
- How to use Call Answer on my Bell Home phone
- How to use Call Privacy on my Bell Home phone
- How to use Call Blocking on my Bell Home phone
- How to use Call Screen on my Bell Home phone
- How to block certain outbound calls from my Bell Home phone line