You can use Microsoft® Outlook® 2010 to send, receive and manage your Bell Mail messages.
Important: You must connect to the Internet before proceeding with the instructions below.
- Select File > Info > Add Account.
- Select Manually configure settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Enter the following settings:
- Your Name: enter your name; this will appear in the from field when you send email messages
- E-mail Address: enter your Bell Mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Account type: select POP3 from the drop-down list
- Incoming mail server: enter pophm.sympatico.ca>
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): enter smtphm.sympatico.ca
- User name: enter your Bell Mail address again
- Password: enter your Bell Mail password
- Remember password: select the checkbox
- Click on More Settings...
- Select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the checkbox for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select the Advanced tab. Enter the following settings:
- Incoming Server (POP3): enter 995
- This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): select the checkbox
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): enter 25
- Use the following type of connection: select Auto from the drop down list
- Server Timeouts: move the slider to 10 minutes
- Leave a copy of messages on the server: make sure this box is not checked
- Click OK
- Click Next and then Finish.
You can now access Bell Mail by clicking the folders on the left side of the screen.