To set up your Bell Mail account in Outlook Express, you’ll need your Bell Mail email address and password.I forgot my Bell Mail email address.
I forgot my Bell Mail password.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Click on the Add button. A menu will open. Select Mail from the menu.
- In the Display name box, enter the name you want to appear in the From field on email you send. Click Next.
- In the E-mail address field, enter your Bell Mail address. Click Next.
- Enter the following in the E-mail Server Names window:
Incoming mail: pophm.sympatico.ca
Outgoing mail: smtphm.sympatico.ca
- Enter your email address in the Account name box and then enter your password. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click the Properties button in the Internet Accounts window.
- On the Servers tab, check off My server requires authentication.
- Click Settings.
- Ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected. Click OK.
- On the Connections tab, check off Always connect to this account using: and ensure that Local Area Network is selected in the drop-down menu.
- In the Advanced tab:
- Under Outgoing mail, check off This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Under Incoming mail, replace the number in the box with 995 and check off This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- We recommend you set the server timeout slider bar to Long (5 minutes).
- Click OK.
- Click Close in the Internet Accounts window.