How to connect my wireless network – Windows Vista
1. Before connecting
Before you begin, please ensure:
- Your modem has been installed and set up properly.
- Your computer has wireless capability, or you have purchased and properly installed a wireless adapter and software.
- Your wireless adapter is turned on (if required).
- You have recorded your network name (SSID) and security key (WEP or WPA2 key) for quick reference during your wireless setup.
2. Connect to a network
- Select the wireless network icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
- Click on Connect to a network.
- You should see a message that says 'Wireless networks are available.'
- If not, go back to Step 1 - Before connecting, and make sure everything is set up properly.
3. Choose your wireless network
In the set-up box, double-click on your network name (SSID), which can be found on the side or bottom of your modem, unless it has been changed .
4. Enter your network security key
- Enter your network security key (WEP or WPA2 key), which can be found on the side or bottom of your modem, unless it has been changed
- Click Connect.
5. Confirm your connection
To confirm that you are online, open your web browser and try to visit a web page.If you have not successfully connected, please contact us for further assistance.