Troubleshoot the Internet connection
To confirm that you have successfully installed your Home Connect Kit and that it is connected to your existing Internet connection, do the following.
- Press the MENU button on your remote and then press 6-1-4 to access the Connectivity menu.
- From the Connectivity menu, press 2 for the Broadband Setup.
- From the Broadband Setup menu, press 1 for Network Setup.
- If you have an Internet connection, the Connection Status will indicate Connected Online.
- If your IP address, subnet mask, primary DNS and secondary DNS show 0.0.0.0, select the Reset Connection button to refresh your network settings.
If you cannot access the Internet after resetting the connection, check the wiring between your receiver and your router and make sure that your Internet service is working. If your Internet service is not functioning please contact your Internet Service Provider.
Please note: Only DHCP connections are supported. Static IPs or other connection types will not work. If you have Windows XP or Windows 2000, your router or Internet gateway is “DHCP enabled” by default. No further configuration is needed.
If you require further assistance, please contact us.