Before you begin, make sure the batteries are charged and remove obstructions between your remote and the receiver. Learn more
To operate your receiver
If you find that your Bell Satellite TV remote is not controlling your receiver properly, or if you recently purchased a replacement remote, follow these steps to program it.
- Press SYS INFO on the front of the receiver.
- Press and hold SAT until SAT, TV, AUX and VCR light up.
- Release SAT. It will start to flash.
- Choose a random number between 0 and 16 and enter it. This will reset the frequency the remote uses to communicate with the receiver.
- Press #.
- Press Record. The remote address field on the System Info screen will display the number you selected.
- Press Done. You will now be able to control the receiver.
TVs and other devices
To operate your TV
- Locate the remote programming code (PDF 3.41 MB) for your TV.
- Press and hold TV until SAT, AUX and VCR light up.
- Release TV. It will start to flash.
- Enter one of the codes for your TV model, then press #. TV should flash three times.
- Try to control your TV. If it doesn't work, use one of the other codes from the list.
To operate other devices
- Locate the remote programming code (PDF 3.41 MB) for your device.
- Press and hold AUX until SAT, TV AUX and VCR light up.
- Release AUX. It will start to flash.
- Enter one of the codes for your device, then press #. AUX should flash three times.
- Try to control the other device. If it doesn't work, use one of the other codes from the list.
Should you need to replace your remote, you can get one online.
View our Satellite TV remote controls
If you wish to use a third-party universal remote, you can try using the number 1 as the code in step 4. This is the most common setting that remote manufacturers use when programming Bell Satellite TV remotes. If that doesn’t work, please check with your remote’s manufacturer to get help as Bell cannot support remotes that we do not provide.