FAQ1. Why do I need to replace my SmartCards? It's important to replace the SmartCards immediately in order to avoid an interruption to your programming.
2. What's a SmartCard? A SmartCard looks similar to a credit card and is inserted into the slot located on the front panel of your digital receiver. Some digital receivers have an empty SmartCard slot, but will still require a new SmartCard to decode programming information from our satellites.
3. Where is the SmartCard located? On most receivers, the SmartCard is located at the front, on the left. The card fits into a small slot and, depending on your model, is either exposed or behind a protective panel. Some receiver models don't currently have a SmartCard in the slot. If this case applies to you, you just have to insert the new card in the slot.
4. How do I perform the SmartCard replacement and activation? Follow the step-by-step instructions to install and activate your new SmartCards, enclosed with the letter you received in the mail and/or the instructions found on the activation home page. If you have more than one receiver, the same instructions apply to each.
5. I misplaced the new card you sent. What should I do now? Please call 1 888 759-3474 to speak to a representative.
6. How long will it take to replace and activate my new SmartCards? When is the best time to perform the swap to ensure I don't miss my favourite programming? It will take approximately 15-30 minutes for you to replace your new SmartCards, and then from 15 minutes to 2 hours for your programming to return to normal following reactivation. Therefore, we recommend that you replace and activate the card at least 3 hours before your favourite show hits the airwaves.
7. What do I do with the old card? Please follow the instructions in the letter you received with the new SmartCards, as you may be required to return the old one. In such cases, a return envelope will be included with the letter.
8. I replaced and activated my new SmartCard, but I can't seem to access my programming. What should I do? Keep in mind that it will take between 15 minutes and 2 hours for your programming to return to normal after you've activated your new SmartCards. If you're experiencing a delay of greater than 2 hours, please go to the activation site, select the receiver with which you're having problems and follow the troubleshooting steps. If you still have issues after completing those steps, call 1 888 759-3474 .
9. I have installed my new SmartCards. How do I activate them?
Activate them in MyBell.