How to activate my SmartCard
You recently received a new SmartCard or SmartCards in the mail. Please install and activate your new card as soon as possible to restore your programming. Follow the steps further below
If you have already followed the instructions in the letter accompanying your card and have replaced it in your receiver, you can activate your SmartCard online now.
You may be required to return your old card within 30 days. In such cases, the letter will provide instructions on what to do. In addition to the information you received in the mail, this page offers FAQs and troubleshooting tips.
Steps to replace your SmartCard:
- Turn on your TV and Bell Satellite TV receiver. Do not remove your existing SmartCard until you reach the appropriate step in these instructions.
- Verify the receiver ID and model to make sure you are matching the SmartCard with the right receiver by accessing the “System Information” screen with your remote control.
- Press the MENU button
- Select 6 for System Setupor Settings
- Select 1 for Installation
- Select 3 for System Information
- Locate the SmartCard slot on your receiver. Depending on your model, it is either exposed or behind a protective panel.
- Remove the SmartCard (if there is an existing SmartCard in your receiver)
- Insert the new SmartCard (with the bar code facing down and to the right)
- Note: Please repeat these steps for all the SmartCards you received in your package.
- Follow these instructions to activate the SmartCard: Once you have installed the new card, activate it online. Note: You will be directed to the My Services section of MyBell. If you have not yet registered for MyBell, you can do so before you activate your SmartCard. Please refer to your letter for instructions on what to do with your old card