1. SAT/TV/VCR/AUX: These buttons let you select which device the remote will control.
2. TV/VIDEO: Switch between the receiver and an alternate video source such as cable or broadcast TV antenna input.
3. MENU: In SAT mode, press Menu to open the main menu.
4. POWER buttons: The larger red button is the power button for the SAT, TV, VCR or AUX currently selected. The smaller red button is the power button for your TV.
5. PAGE UP/DOWN: Lets you navigate through the programming guide one page at a time.
6. MUTE: Mutes the volume.
7. VOLUME: Increases or decreases the volume of your TV or surround sound system.
8. GUIDE: Displays the programming guide.
9. SELECT: Confirms a selection.
10. Arrow buttons: Changes the channel and lets you navigate through the programming guide. When watching a program, the right arrow (BROWSE) brings up the browse banner and the left arrow (THEME) lets you search for programs by theme.
11. RECALL: Returns you to the last channel you were watching.
12. INFO: Displays program information for the current program. If you're in the programming guide or browse screen, it will display the information for the highlighted program.
13. VIEW TV: Returns you to live TV from almost any menu.
14. CANCEL: Returns you to the previous menu and lets you clear certain on-screen messages.
15. SYS INFO: Displays the System Information menu.
16. RECORD: In VCR mode, press this button to start recording on the VCR.
17. Numbered buttons: Lets you enter a channel number in the programming guide or while watching a program. The numbered buttons can also be used to navigate within the MENU by pressing the number that matches the option you want to select.