Getting SATVOD error messages
If you get SATVOD (210, 216, 217) error messages when trying to view options on the On Demand homepage such as TV, Family/Kids or Crave, they can be resolved by resetting your network connection.
To reset your network connection:
- Press the Menu button on your Bell Satellite TV remote control.
- Select System Setup (Settings on the 9500 Whole Home PVR).
- Select Installation.
- Select Connectivity.
- Select Broadband Setup (skip this step for the 9500 Whole Home PVR).
- Select Network Setup.
- Select Reset Connection.
Wi-Fi signal is weak
If you checked the strength of your Wi-Fi signal and it is poor, the signal could be affected by obstructions, especially metal or glass objects, or by interference from other electronic and wireless devices.
You have a weak signal if:
- The signal strength of less than 35%
- The signal strength settings of the receiver displays one white dot (9500/7500) or one green dot (9400/9241).
To maximize signal strength on the 9400/9241 PVRs if you are using the Wi-Fi adapter:
- Make sure to use the included USB extension cradle so that you can better position your Wi-Fi adapter.
- Position the cradle away from the receiver and other electronic devices (such as a microwave), or from other wireless devices (such as phones, cameras or baby monitors).
- Move the cradle away from clutter and avoid placing it in a closed space such as inside wooden furniture or behind glass doors.
I forgot my Wi-Fi password
If you haven’t changed the default Wi-Fi password provided by Bell, you’ll find it on the back panel of the modem. If you set your own, you can find your password in the settings of your Bell modem.
If you don’t have Bell Internet service, please contact your Internet provider.
USB port is already used
If the rear USB port is currently in use, for example by an external hard drive, you can plug the Wi-Fi adapter into the USB port that is located under the cover on the front right of the receiver.
For additional assistance, please contact us.