Quick installation guide
- Streaming video recorder (included)
- AC power adapter (included)
- High-speed Internet (DSL, fibre optics, cable) connected by Ethernet
- Login information for your Alarm.com service
Installing the streaming video recorder (SVR):
If applicable, please disarm your security system.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the SVR to the network.
- Connect the SVR’s AC power adapter and plug it into a non-switched outlet. Wait for the status LED on the front of the SVR to turn solid green.
- Add the SVR to the service. You can either:
- Select the service in MobileTech
- Enter "www.alarm.com/addcamera" in a web browser
- Select the SVR from the video device list. You can also type in its MAC address, which you’ll find on the bottom of the device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding the device. You may associate cameras to the device from the website.
Can I watch SVR video without an Internet connection?
The SVR must have an Internet connection to stream video from the website or the app.
Can the SVR and the cameras be on different networks?
The ADC-SVR122 must be on the same network as the cameras. Typically this requires the SVR and the cameras to be connected to the same router.
NOTE: If the router is configured as an access point, the ADC-SVR122 and cameras may be able to connect. The SVR will not work if the camera and the SVR are not at the same physical location, connected only over the Internet.
Can video be deleted from the SVR122?
Video that is saved to the SVR122 cannot be manually deleted. This is to ensure that important data isn’t removed from the SVR122. When the hard drives are full, video will be automatically overwritten, a full day at a time, in a first in/first out basis.
Does the ADC-SVR122 support live view from the website and a monitor simultaneously?
The SVR must have an Internet connection to stream video using the website or the app.
You can also watch video without an Internet connection by connecting a monitor to the HDMI port on the SVR. A USB mouse is also required to navigate the local interface.
How do I update the SVR firmware?
To update the firmware on your streaming video recorder:
- Log into bell.ca/Smart-Home.
- Click Video.
- Click Settings.
- Using the Video Device dropdown menu, select the video device to update.
- Click Video Device Info.
- In Firmware Version, click Update Firmware to send the update to the video device.
How many cameras can the ADC-SVR122 support?
The ADC-SVR122 supports up to eight cameras.
How much video can be stored on the ADC-SVR122?
1 TB of video, which is roughly 20 days of recording with four cameras recording in HD at 30 fps.