Before adding additional Z-wave devices, you will need to call Bell Smart Home technical support. Tell the representative that you need a temporary access code so you can access the Z-wave device menu on your Qolsys panel to add or remove Z-wave devices.
To access system tests swipe down on the screen of your Qolsys panel.
- Advanced Settings
- Enter the temporary access code provided by Technical Support.
- Z-Wave Devices
How to Add a Z-wave device
- Select Add Device.
- Press Include.
- Press the Pair or Learn button on the device when the message appears (see individual device documentation for instructions on button location).
- Adjust the device name by touching and making the appropriate selections.
- Select Automation to enable simple light rules.
- Night: Turns light on at 7 p.m. and off at 6 a.m.
- Evening: Turns light on at 7 p.m. and off at 11 p.m.
- Front Door: Turns light on for 15 minutes when the front door opens (must add a sensor with the default quick name “Front Door” in the panel).
- Press Add to save the information and complete the process (adjustments can be made later from the Edit Device icon).
How to clear or delete a Z-wave device
You can clear a Z-Wave device from a network whether it was enrolled with another controller previously or the IQ Panel 2. Also deletes a device from a paired IQ Panel 2.
Press Clear Device.
The panel will start sending a Clear signal.
Press the Pair or Learn button on the device.*
The panel returns to the Z-Wave device menu when complete.
*Note: each Z-Wave device is different, and not all devices have a hard button to pair or learn. Refer to your device’s installation manual for specifics on pairing or learning.