The Qolsys IQ Panel can be set to display digital photos when not in use.
Changing Photo Frame settings
Tap the top portion of your Qolsys screen to access the Settings menu. Then select:
- Photo Frame
- Photo Frame Settings
In the Photo Frame settings section you can change the following:
- Duration - Sets how long each image will show before transitioning to the next image in the library (1, 2 or 5 minutes).
- Effect - Lets you choose a transition effect between each image (fade to black, dissolve).
- Shuffle - When enabled, displays pictures in either random or sequential order.
- Display type - Lets you choose what to display on the screen when the panel is not in use (off, photo frame and weather clock)
- Photo Frame start time - Lets you choose the amount of time to wait after the last press before starting the selected display type (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 minutes).
- Nighttime mode start time - Determines the time when the display, voices or chimes shut down completely (to turn off the LCD, voices and/or chimes at night).
- Nighttime mode end time - Determines the time when the display, voices or chimes “wake up” after sleeping (to turn the LCD, voices and/or chimes back on in the morning).
- Nighttime mode settings - Lets you choose what the nighttime mode can control (display, voices and/or chimes).
Load new images from SD card
To load new images, tap the top portion of your Qolsys screen to access the Settings menu. Then select:
- Photo Frame
- Add Photos
Steps to load new photos
Load an SD card with photos that you’d like to display on the panel.
- 1280 x 720 pixels (or less)
- No larger than 5 MB each
- No more than 20 images
- Saved in a folder entitled “Photos”
- Insert the SD card into the panel.
The card will slide all the way in. To remove, push gently and card will spring out.
- Open the Photo Frame app.
- Press Add Photos.
- Choose Replace All Photos or Add New Photos.
- Wait for the images to load.
- Once loaded, you can press Play to test.
NOTE: Before removing the SD card, go to Settings, press SD Card and select Unmount.