While the system periodically does self-tests and many alerts are in place, it’s still important to test your system monthly to ensure full functionality.
To test the sensor:
- Press the Home button (the physical button with the house icon).
- Press the Security button.
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the Toolbox button.
- Enter your 4-digit master access code.
- Press the System test button.
In this menu, all the sensors will be displayed.
- Trigger each sensor that you wish to test (For example, open and close doors, walk past motion sensors).
Please note that motion sensors have a 3-4 minute sleep timer after each transmission. To properly test the motion sensor, stay out of view for approximately 5 minutes prior to walking past the sensor. Some sensors will require pressing the test button on the device.
- When a sensor has been triggered and the signal has been received successfully from the panel, a check mark appears by the sensor as well as a signal level indicator with up to 5 bars indicating the signal strength.
- Press OK to finish sensor test.
- If you wish to test the LED light on the panic and Home buttons, click on each individual test and confirm that the LED light is reflecting correctly. Otherwise, press OK to exit the test.
To test two-way voice:
- Call 1 800 267-2001 to advise the service department that you’ll be testing your two-way voice.
- Press the Panic button (the physical “+” symbol).
- Hold down any of the three panic buttons (panic, fire, emergency) down for two seconds.
- The siren will sound. Wait for the live operator to come on the speaker. Identify yourself with your verbal password.
- Disarm the system by entering your 4-digit arming code.